Having a surfeit of some produce i have resorted to good old google for ideas. This is adapted from other i found.
It is low calorie, lower carb, vegan and most other ‘dietary need’ friendly recipe and is Beetroot and Cucumber soup.
If you are SW follower this is a free dish and as it stands probably a little light on the speed food. If you are a calorie counter it is 30 Kcalories per 100ml (approximate calculation).
The recipe is really straight forward and easily adapted with other flavours/spices to match you taste on the day.
Ingredients (for 3 litres):
- 5 red onions (chopped)
- 1kg beetroot (chopped)
- 1 kg courgette (chopped)
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- Dairy or non-dairy yoghurt for a flourish at the end.
- Put all the solid ingredients in a large pan.
- Add water until it almost covers the vegetables.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer until the beetroot is tender.
- Blitz with a stick blender or food processor.
- Season to taste.
From the base recipe you can add other flavours, a sprinkle of cheese, fried onions or simply add yoghurt as i have done. To this list add any twist of you own invention.