This is another one that the Facebook threw my way. My first go wasn’t great but this is my adapted recipe that makes it a really good and large portioned dessert. Dessert needs to be large to suit my eating tastes, I don’t do small portions.
This is the YouTube video that got me started. My recipe is adjusted a little but essentially the same and so the video should get the credit. Yoghurt Cake Video. This is also dead easy to make.
Ingredients my way:
- 3 small pots of mueller light yoghurt. I used two caramel and one chocolate and orange (120;grams per portion)
- 5 eggs
- 50 grams of baking powder (12.5 grams per portion)
- Put all the yoghurt and eggs into a bowl and whisk by hand until smooth.
- Sieve the cornflour into the bowl.
- Whisk again until all is combined well.
- Put water in an oven proof dish (mine was 18cm across and 5 cm deep). Swill around and pour out the excess water.
- Crumple a cut sheet of baking parchment in to a ball. Pull out again and then push into the bowl to line it. (This one sounds strange but is a good practical tip for lining a dish).
- Pour the mix into the bowl.
- Bake in an oven at about 170/180 degrees Celsius or Gas Mark 6. Bake for 25 minutes depending on your oven. My oven tends to cook unevenly and so I baked for 25 minutes at this heat and then turned it and reduced the heat for another ten minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave it to cool for twenty minutes and then put in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.