I had a full on taste of this recently and then adapted the recipe for a more waistline friendly version and I can honestly say that if you hadn’t had the full on version you would be more than happy with the adapted one. However both are delicious and nothing like normal tiramisu. I forgot to photograph it so this picture is slightly different to the recipe below.
I made no attempt to replace the limoncello or the sponge fingers so a 100g portion comes out at 8 syns for those of you who are SW. This is 200 kc if that helps.
I am going to include the full on recipe and the adaptations next to it so that you can make both versions if you need/want. The recipe is also for a 6 portion version in one dish. You could probably reduced the hit even further if you make a portion in a glass and then just reduce the number of sponge fingers.
- 2 eggs
- 85g caster sugar (swap for 4 tbsp sweetener)
- 26Og marscapone cheese (swap for quark)
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 120ml Limoncello
- 120ml cold water
- 200g savoiardi cookies ( swap for sponge fingers x 20)
- Put eggs and sweetener in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy (pale yellow).
- Fold in quark.
- Hull and dice half the strawberries, halve they remaining strawberries.
- Combine water and limoncello in a bowl and dip sponge fingers in one at a time and lay half across serving dish.
- Cover with half the quark mix.
- Lay over the diced strawberries.
- Lay over remaining sponge fingers and quark.
- Decorate with the remaining strawberries.
- Chill in the fridge.