My tastebuds were yearning a treat this morning without scuppering my food regime.
Banana Fritters/pancakes was the solution and these were delicious. This batch made five 3” pancakes and I am stuffed. Feel free to adjust for a full fat version.
- 40g rolled oats. (can be used as they are but I grind mine in a coffee grinder)
- 2 bananas (1 mashed and 1 sliced)
- 1 egg
- 100 ml 0% fat yoghurt (natural for soft pancakes and Greek for firmer pancakes)
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 3 tbsp 0% sugar/fat pancake syrup (I used Walden Farms)
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg, oats, 50ml yoghurt and mix thoroughly.
- Heat non stick frying pan and cook in batches. They will hold less well than regular pancakes so aim to cook fewer at a time to allow for smooth quick turns. Wait for bubbles coming through as you would do with American style pancakes.
- Serve on a plate with sliced banana, the remaining yoghurt and the pancake syrup.