This recipe is one that might put you off because it sounds like an unlikely combination but, having tried it, it works. I did forget to take a photo so this is a stock one, but it is the same soup.
This is an easy recipe for tomato soup that is quick to make and produces four good sized portions.
It also has few of the additives that are found in ready made tomato soup. I used the cheapest own brand products for this other than the baked beans. I only used Heinz beans as I had these in. I would have used own brand otherwise.
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of carrots
- 1 tin of baked beans (I used reduced sugar)
- 3 pickled onions ( yes pickled onions, stay with me)
- 1 veg stock cube or stock pot
- 225ml water/ 1/2 pint
- Put all the ingredients in a pan.
- Bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend in food processor or with blending stick.
- Return to the pan to bring back to the right heat for you.