This is take on instant Pot Noodles but with much more substance and flavour.
This version contains no meat other than chicken stock. You could add cooked chicken pieces to it or cook prawns in it at the end.
It takes no more than fifteen minutes to make and this recipe makes two good bowls full.
- 700ml water
- 1 chicken stock pot or cube (veg stock can also be used)
- Half a large red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful of coriander, chopped
- Splash of fish sauce (soy sauce could also be used)
- Half a portion of egg noodles, broken in half
- 1 egg, beaten.
- Put the water and stock pot in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the onion, chilli and fish sauce whilst you bring it to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer.
- Add the noodles whilst it simmers for five minutes.
- Just before serving add the beaten egg whilst stirring the soup.
- Add the coriander and serve (season to your taste)