This one is a personal concoction and a variation on some previous posts.
When I have wanted to lose some to extra weight, or balance out a bit of an indulgence , I often call on vegetarian meals, particularly without using rice, pasta or potato.
This doesn’t meant I don’t eat eat carbs, in fact the opposite is true. My general weekly menu involves regular carb ingredients. Please feel free to take my advice and ignore the ‘avoid pale carbs’ news items currently doing the rounds.
However it also doesn’t mean that every meal has to have a half plate of carbs.
Right, soap box away and down to the food.
Chilli Courgetti and Veggie Sausages
Recipe is for one person who likes a good plateful.
1 courgette, spiralized
1 onion halved and thinly sliced
1 hot red chilli, sliced and with seeds (reduce this if you want less fire)
A handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
A jug of vegetable stock
1 good squirt of tomato purée
3 Linda McCartney Red Onion Sausages (meat ones can be used of course but give these a go)
1. Cook the sausages in a hot air fryer (or hot oven) for twenty minutes.
2. Spray a hot wok with an oil spray of your choice.
3. Add the onions and chilli and soften on the pan. Add stock to keep them from burning. Cook for five minutes.
4. Add the courgetti and tomatoes with a good glug of the stock. Bring to the boil and the lower the heat and simmer until the tomatoes are binging to soften. Keeping adding stock to keep it moist. This should take about ten minutes.
5. Add to tomato purée and cook for another couple of minutes allowing the sauce to thicken.
6. Season to your taste.
7. Serve in a bowl with your sausages laid on top.