We are moving house in the next few days so are trying to use up as much of the fresh and frozen food we have stored.
Lunch today, just for me, was the product of making do with what was left in.
Jerk Chicken with Pan Fried Chilli Tomatoes and Couscous
This lunch has the grand total of 7 ingredients and took twenty minutes to prepare and cook.
- 1 chicken breast
- Jerk dry rub
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Couscous for one person
- Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 red chill
- Rub the chicken all over with jerk dry rub (available from most supermarkets).
- Cook the chicken breast in the Air Fryer or oven for 15 minutes on a high heat.
- Meanwhile add the chicken stock pot to the couscous and cover with boil water.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and slice the red chilli.
- Spray a frying pan with oil and when hot add the tomatoes and chilli. After a few minutes add some water to stop them from sticking and keep adding water when needed. You want enough left to make a simple sauce with the vegetables.
- Season the vegetables to your taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked remove from the fryer/oven and put on a board to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon the couscous on to a plate.
- Spoon the tomato/chill mix onto the couscous and add enough basil leaves for your taste.
- Slice the chicken and lay across the top of the tasty pile and pour the remaining vegetable juice around the edge of the couscous.