Lunch today was quick, easy and delicious. This was recommended by my aunt, Sarah, and will become a regular addition to my menu.
When you read the recipe please don’t get thrown by the quantities. If you have less of one such as peas just add some more spinach.
If you don’t like green then this is not for you but otherwise you cannot go wrong.
Add some ham if you like pea and ham soup.
This serves three or four people (or all day grazing for just for me)
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g frozen spinach (or a big bag of fresh)
- Bunch of mint (stalks removed and chopped)
- Bunch of spring onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 small potato (peeled and cubed)
- 600ml of stock (veg or chicken)
- Plain 0% fat yoghurt
- Soften the onions and garlic in a pan sprayed with a little 1 calorie oil spray.
- Add stock, potato, mint, peas and spinach and bring to the boil.
- Turn down and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Blend to a smooth soup and return to the pan.
- Season to your taste and bring to the boil.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.