This is a great dish that can be used as a lunch or, with a larger portion, dinner.
It is served best with a poached egg and some spinach but also goes well with other dishes. In this picture it is being served with left overs (Home made Mango Chutney and Katchcumba). Apologies as the Rossi itself is hidden under the egg. Recipes for the two other dishes will follow.
- Serves 4
- 500g potatoes peels and halved
- 4 carrots, peeled and halved across width not length
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven (Gas Mark 6, 200 degrees).
- Parboil the potatoes and carrots for ten minutes.
- Cool a little and then grate potato and carrots into a bowl.
- Stir in the chives, flour and spring onions.
- Best one of the eggs and add to the potato.
- Season to your taste.
- Divide into four portions and shape into a flat cake.
- Place the rosti onto a baking sheet and spray with 1 calorie spray.
- Place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.