This is an adapted recipe (adapted around what was in) but proved to be a great evening meal.
- 1700ml chicken stock
- 300 grams risotto/arborio rice
- 3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded.
- 5 slices of back bacon, fat removed, and cut into smallish pieces.
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 50g grated Parmesan
- Pinch of Saffron (cheat with a little turmeric if saffron is not on your shopping list)
- Spray a large pan with 1 calorie oil spray. I used garlic flavour.
- Heat the pan and add the bacon and cook until beginning to brown at the edges.
- Transfer the bacon to another pot and add the rice to the pan and mix well with the remaining oil.
- Add half your stock and the saffron and bring to the boil and then turn down to simmer.
- Add the mushrooms after a further ten minutes of cooking.
- Keep stirring gently whilst the rice is cooking. Keep adding stock until the rice is soft but with a little bite.
- Add the chicken and bacon and stir throughly. If this causes all the moisture to be absorbed then add a little extra stock or water.
- Add the Parmesan and mix throughly,
- Add the parsley and mix thoroughly.
- Time to eat.