My friend, Jason, reminded me that there are alternatives to Spaghetti such as courgetti (spiralised courgette). Whilst I have eaten and enjoyed this I do.not have the means to make this delight at the moment and pushed the idea to one side for now.
However 24 hours later and I have taken up the challenge with this very simple dish. It is a great dish type for extra weight loss if you want that. Instead of spiralised courgette I have peeled courgette using a potato peeler. Keep all the peelings but stop when you get to the seeds. The courgette is being used instead of egg noodles.
Tuna Steaks and Stir Fry.
Serves three people
- One carrot slice into very thin batons.
- One onion thinly sliced.
- One pepper thinly sliced.
- 4 courgettes peeled into ribbons using a peeler.
- Juice of two lemons
- Handful of mushrooms thinly sliced
- 2 gloves of crushed garlic
- Teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 green chilli thinly sliced with seeds
- Fish sauce
- Light soy sauce
- 3 tuna steaks
- Prepare all the vegetables.
- Place the tuna steaks in a dish, cover with lemon juice and a few splashes of fish sauce. Scatter the chilli peppers over the top. Put to one side to marinade.
- Heat a wok sprayed with 1 calorie spray oil. I used coconut flavour this time.
- Add the onions to the wok and soften for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the peppers, garlic and carrots and cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add small quantities of water if the veg starts sticking or burning.
- Add the courgette noodles and mushrooms plus a splash of water. Add more water if needed to keep is moist.
- Add a good glug of soy sauce and a teaspoon of ground ginger. (Add soy sauce to your taste).
- Once the veg is cooked and soft put to one side either on a hot plate or low heat.
- Heat a large pan with 1 calorie spray. I again used coconut flavour this time.
- Add the tuna steaks to the pan and pour the remaining marinade either into the pan with the steaks or onto your stir fry.
- Cook the tuna steaks for two minutes on each side.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and slice into four or five slices. They should be grey at the edge and red in the middle. If you do not like it this way cook for another two minutes on each side.
- Pile the vegetables in the middle of the plate and lay the sliced tuna over the top.