This is another adapted recipe as I have not used a salad dressing and added some chilli for colour and a little fire. I used lemon juice in place of a dressing.
Chicory, Celeriac and Orange Salad.
1 bulb of chicory, split into leaves.
1/2 a celeriac
2 oranges, peels and cut into segments
Juice of one lemon.
1 red chilli, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- Put the juice of the lemon into a large bowl.
- Peel the celeriac and cut half of it into thin batons. (The other half will make a nice coleslaw if grated and mixed with a mixture of creme fraiche and quark- all 0% fat).
- Toss the celeriac batons in the lemon juice to stop them browning.
- Break the chicory bulb into leaves and mix in with the celeriac batons.
- With a sharp knife cut the skin from the oranges (over the bowl to retain the juice).
- Cut the oranges into segments and halve the segments.
- Mix the orange pieces into the salad.
- Halve the chilli and remove the seeds.
- Cut each half of the chilli in half.
- Cut each quarter chilli into thin slivers and mix with the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
I served this with air fried chips and jerk chicken.