Now we all have our vices and one of mine is Scotch Eggs and if I want to keep my weight off I need to find ways of cooking the things I like in a better way.
These Scotch Eggs are different in the choice of meat, the outer coating and the method of cooking. They are, however, delicious.
Ingredients for 4.
4 large (8 small) good quality low fat chicken sausages (mine are made by the local butcher)
- Hard boil 4 eggs. Cool and then shell them.
- Beat two eggs in a bowl.
- Fill a small bowl with couscous.
- Remove sausage meat from the sausages.
- Take 1/4 of the sausage meat and turn into a round patty.
- Place an egg in the middle of the patty and fold meat around the egg. Roll in your hands until smooth and round.
- Roll the egg in the beaten eggs.
- Roll the egg in the couscous until covered all over.
- Spray with 1 calorie spray
- 25 minutes in a pre heated air fryer or oven on a high heat (experiment with your oven).